Friday, September 08, 2006

Got Guilt?

Only went in to the office for a little while today. Fibromyalgia is whispering in my ear today, hopefully resting for a while will keep it from screaming.
I was feeling a little guilty for it. We own the company so there's no one to make me feel that way but it's still there. A little guilt can be a good thing, too much can cripple. There is plenty out there to help everybody along too. Read the newspaper, watch the news, read up on the"latest research".

Guilt for attending a particular church or not attending any.

Guilt for being a working mother or a stay at home mom.

Guilt for spanking your child for:(insert whatever) or not spanking for:(insert whatever)

Guilt for eating that extra slice of bacon or GASP: your steak was the size of a saucer instead of a deck of cards.

for being pro-life or pro-choice

pro-war or con-war

proconWHATEVER!!

Guilt does serve some purpose in small doses, but God (my own personal belief, no offense meant) doesn't want us to be dragging this weight around anymore than overwhelming worry.
I've decided I'm going to do better in this area, I refuse to feel really guilty about things anymore. A little guilty but NOT "really" guilty.

How about you, Got Guilt?

No comments: