Saturday, September 09, 2006

Shopping Hell

I loathe shopping with a capital L. It"s an evil necessity though. I had to stop at Fred's the other day. From the back of the store I could hear a child screeching and whining and the mother screeching back. When I came around the corner of an aisle she grabbed the little girl, about three years old, by the arm roughly and jerked her up into her arms cursing VERY loudly. "Dicchu mother f%^&$ng here what I telled you?" Then they were heading out the door, there were quarter machines that caught the child's eye and she started a loud whining again "I want!!!" To which she responding promptly screaming "I'm going to kick your a$$ now shut your mf'n mouth!!"
My boys were just a whiney as any other child but I NEVER cursed at them and could not imagine jerking them around. After a few trips to the restroom and swats on the behind they learned whining or making a scene did not get them what they wanted.
If there was ever a kid that deserved a public flogging it was me, I lived for irritating the people I love. Still do as a matter of fact :-) One time at a drug store I was giving my mother fits, just playfully agitating....She swatted at me so dropped to my knees and started pleading in a VERY loud voice "MOTHER DON'T PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME AGAIN! PLLLEASE! NO MOTHER!" Bless her heart she let me live and didn't cuss me!! Can you imagine. And that was just last week, not really i guess i was about 9 or 10.
When my oldest son and my stepdaughter punched holes through the package of chicken feet to "feel them" and then thought that was cool and had poked holes in about eight packages before I caught them, they were not cussed or hit. They did though have to stand there while waiting for the Meat Manager to come out and apologize to him and then some very serious house cleaning when we got home. It's not that I didn't want to beat them, I did very much want to, but there is such a thing as self control. Seems a lot of people do not have a sense of this I guess.

For those of you that are thinking 'what do you expect at a Fred's'. Sorry folks I've seen this behavior at EVERY store at one time or another.

1 comment:

darlaG said...

LOL! that just shows you how reliable memory is. mainly i remember that devil on my shoulder
;-)